Hand Dryers, Scoring Big at Arenas and Sports Venues
It’s the bottom of the ninth. Or fourth and long. Or maybe it’s the final quarter of the final quarter, seconds left on the clock. Wherever or whenever one’s particular stakes are highest, nature has a funny way of calling (sometimes via the desperate voice of a squirming child).
Bad time to encounter a slippery, littered restroom floor, paper towels clogging the toilet in the only open stall.
Don’t let this happen to your visitors. We know it sounds like a public service announcement, but the way we see it, that’s essentially what it is. After all, nothing says “public” like the places where people gather to play, unwind and communally celebrate the good things in life. By employing XLERATOR® Hand Dryers to create clean, user-friendly restrooms, such a venue’s management is doing a valuable public service, indeed—and making an infinitely wise choice for the venue itself.
Boston’s iconic Fenway Park as well as Gillette Stadium—home of reigning Super Bowl champions, the New England Patriots—chose to throw in the towel in favor of the original, patented, high-speed, energy-efficient XLERATOR Hand Dryer. Check out the game-changing benefits these and other XLERATOR-equipped recreational venues worldwide now enjoy:
1. A greener arena: In recent years, organizations everywhere have actively embraced the importance of sustainability in sports. Reducing the carbon footprint of hand drying by 50 to 75 percent over paper towels, and using 80 percent less energy than conventional hand dryers, XLERATOR helps fan-filled facilities qualify for several LEED® credits. Further, to go green is to instantly save it. “The environmental savings XLERATOR provides Fenway Park was enough to make the switch away from paper,” noted Jon Lister, Fenway Park’s director of facilities management. “The cost savings is icing on the cake.”
2. Minimal maintenance, way less waste: Switching to XLERATOR means a 95-percent savings on waste and maintenance costs when compared to paper towels—the primary source of restroom-related custodial headaches. “Not having to pick up excess paper towels, restock dispensers, or pay for the removal of such waste, the stadium will save thousands of dollars in operating expenses,” said Jim Nolan, vice president of operations at Gillette Stadium, when the venue decided to punt paper for more than 125 XLERATOR Hand Dryers facility-wide.
Meanwhile, restroom plumbing problems “are almost nonexistent” since XLERATOR installation over at Fenway Park, said Roy Contreras, senior custodial manager for Aramark, which handles the park’s concessions and maintenance. “The staff says that before the high-speed, energy-efficient hand dryers were installed, a busy game day was like a tornado hit the park,” Contreras said. “I can’t imagine the place without them anymore.”
3. Fan appreciation: Your maintenance crew has enough to attend to before, during and after each event without disastrous restrooms to compound it. Since a cleaner restroom allows staff to devote more time and attention to stands and grounds, XLERATOR is a hands-down fan favorite. “[Fans] are enjoying the game and things are working as they should,” said Chris Knight, Red Sox Manager of Facility Planning and Services. Drying hands three times faster than conventional hand dryers, XLERATOR also means quicker restroom breaks.
This kind of satisfaction isn’t limited to big-time venues or pro sports. City officials in Lafayette, Indiana, which hosts thousands of visitors during its annual, nine-day Colt League World Series for high school teams, report public praise for the XLERATOR Hand Dryers that replaced paper towels in its parks and municipal buildings. As Hollie Johnson, Lafayette’s facilities supervisor, noted: “This trickles down into better environment for all of us and a wiser purchasing decision for a city that is conscious on how it spends its tax dollars.”
4. Game control: When you put the industry’s most customizable hand drying solution in the game, you carry the ball on your facility’s restroom design. Your colors, your mascot, your message to the masses—our custom digital imaging technology lets you convey it all on the cover of your XLERATOR Hand Dryers. And that just scratches the surface (not easy to do, btw, with our variety of durable finishes); every dryer in our expanded and enhanced product line also comes with adjustable speed and sound, adjustable heat settings, multi-voltage options and an externally visible service LED for streamlining maintenance.
5. A bona fide national treasure: What could be more American than the crack of a bat or a walk through a national park? Not much, perhaps, but our signature product comes pretty close. From the family-owned company that’s manufactured the finest American-made hand dryers for more than 50 years, XLERATOR is the only hand dryer to be MADE IN USA Certified®. That means you can expect MVP-worthy quality and performance as you support the economy right here at home.
In a word: score. For sustainability and savings, customer experience and customizable design, XLERATOR Hand Dryers are the ultimate win-win—and win some more.
You can find Excel Dryer at these 2017 industry-related events: